Panel track shades have an unassuming name compared to window treatments with more glamorous, intriguing names like Venetian blinds, honeycomb blinds, or Roman shades. However, panel track shades are actually quite special, and they have several advantages:
- Simple yet stylish look – Panel track shades match well with a minimal, neutral aesthetic. The crisp, vertical lines of the panels draw your eye upward and can make your space look larger, and these shades are more up to date with modern design sensibilities than traditional vertical blinds. Panel track shades aren’t flashy, but it’s hard not to notice their beautiful simplicity.
- Great for sliding glass doors – Because these shades are attached to a track, you are able to slide the panels to the left and right. This easy mobility makes panel track shades an excellent choice for covering your sliding glass doors. There’s no need to move the entire covering; simply move the panel that is blocking the doorway.
- Easy maintenance – Panel track shades are easy to clean because they don’t get soiled easily in the first place. When they do need to be cleaned, simply dust or vacuum the fabric. To treat spots, use water and gentle soap.
- Safe for children or pets – Cords are hazardous for small children and pets because they could accidentally get caught in the cord or strangled by it. Luckily, panel track shades rarely use a cord, opting for stick wand instead.
- Variety of choices – Panel track shades are available in a variety of colours, materials, patterns, and opacities, so there is sure to be a style that appeals to you.
Contact us today at Ashtons Blinds to find out more about panel track shades or to schedule your free in-home consultation.